Oakland: Bissap Baobab

Back in January, I met up with CT for a much needed catch up session over lunch at Bissap Baobab:


In the evenings, Bissap Baobab is transformed into a dance club.  But during the day, it's this bright and colorful restaurant:


CT and I ordered different Afro wraps and then switched halves.  Each cost $8.50 and came with a delightful side salad:


CT got the coconut curry (right), while I tried the yassa (left) at our server's recommendation:


We got to choose from chicken, beef, or bean cake.  We both went with chicken.  I'm no Senagalese food expert, but those were some tasty wraps.  Though the coconut curry was good, I enjoyed my yassa more.  Made with marinated onions in a lemon-mustard sauce, the yassa wrap was lighter and more interesting in my opinion. 

I probably could've stopped at half a wrap, but of course I didn't do that.  Of course I finished both halves and had to waddle back to my office.  Of course.

With quick service, affordable prices, and delicious food, Bissap Baobab is the ideal work day lunch spot.  Apparently it also has a lunch buffet for $13.99.  I didn't see the buffet when I was there, but I am definitely curious to check it out.


Bissap Baobab
381 15th St
Oakland, CA 94612
(510) 817-4722
http://www.bissapbaobab.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!