Fresno: Wayback Burgers

My coworkers and I had been talking about doing a taco tour of Fruitvale for what feels like forever.  One day, I joked that we might as well take our taco tour south of the border and do it in Mexico instead.  Rather than the laughter I expected, the immediate response was, "Let's do it."

From there, the conversation spiraled out of my control and comprehension.  A long weekend was selected.  A coworker offered her car.  And suddenly we were collecting a list of food spots in Tijuana.

Before I knew it, it was the Thursday of Cesar Chavez weekend (perk of working for an immigration nonprofit), and we were on our way south.  We left directly from work with only a pit stop for gas and another to pick up my sister, who joined us because one of my coworkers backed out at the last minute.

We knew we wouldn't get all the way to Tijuana that night.  Our goal was to get as far as possible, preferably around Irvine.

On the way south, we spotted Wayback Burgers as an option for a quick dinner when we pulled into a gas station on the side of I-5:


We placed our order at the counter and grabbed a table to wait: 


Of all things to be showing on their mounted big screen TVs, Wayback was playing the animated movie Leap.  I actually got pretty invested in the last one third of film that we caught while we were there. 

Not so invested that I was distracted from our food though.  My sister ordered us some chili cheese fries ($5.49):


As well as a rodeo burger ($6.89) to split:


The rodeo burger came with cheddar and fried onion rings.  It was saved from total dryness by the barbecue sauce in it:


My coworkers' burgers didn't fare so well. 

Yea...probably wouldn't stop at Wayback again.  There are better and cheaper fast food burgers out there.

In the end, due to crazy highway construction and its resulting traffic, we only made it as far as Anaheim that night.  We crashed into bed around 1:00am and then woke up bright and early Friday morning to continue the drive.


Wayback Burgers
46365 W Panoche Rd
Firebaugh, CA 93622
(559) 525-9092
https://waybackburgers.com/

Comments

  1. Wayback Burgers is about serving delicious and fresh, hand-made burgers, hand​-dipped milkshakes, and delicious sides. Wayback Burgers, previously known as Jake's Wayback Burgers, is an American fast casual restaurant chain based in Cheshire, Connecticut.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!