SF Peninsula: Fil-Am Cuisine

I went on a date with a guy a while back.  I never heard from him again, but the one positive outcome of that encounter was his recommendation of Fil-Am for authentic Filipino food.

I rarely venture into Daly City, so when I had to take my sister back to San Francisco one Sunday, I seized the chance to go:


We had to circle the block a couple times before we were able to find street parking, but as we walked up to the restaurant, plumes of barbecue smoke billowed out to welcome us.

For a tiny place, there was a lot of foot traffic:


Designed cafeteria-style, most people ordered their goodies to-go, but there were a few tables closely packed together for dining in.

My sister and I had no idea what we were doing when we approached the counter as we had very limited experience with Filipino cuisine:


Ultimately, we threw ourselves at the mercy of the lady who served us.

Between the BBQ chicken skewer and the pork skewer, she told us to get the chicken, which we did along with pancit ($5.99):


It was my first time trying pancit, essentially the Filipino version of chow mein, I suppose.  While it was good, I wasn't exactly blown away.  The chicken was delicious though.

As was everything else our lady chose for us.  We asked for two items with rice ($6.70) and she really packed it in for us:


She suggested we get the chicken adobo and I was totally on board for that.  But when she pointed at this ground beef and veggie concoction, all I could see were all the little peas taunting me.  (I detest peas.)  However, our lady looked like she knew what she was talking about, so I deferred to her better judgment.

Thank goodness I did!  It was freakin' amazing, especially with rice.  Holy moly.  And that chicken adobo!  I still think about it.  I have no clue what is in that sauce, but it's slightly sweet and yummy and gawd I could go for some right about now.

I cannot recommend Fil-Am enough.  Prices were super affordable and portion sizes were generous.  My sister and I couldn't finish what we ordered and ended up having enough left over for a second meal.  I'm officially a fan.  I can't wait to go back so that I can try everything else they have to offer.  There were so many other dishes that looked mouth-wateringly good.

Sigh...I guess dating has its upsides. 

Still awkward as hell though.


Fil-Am Cuisine
66 School St
Daly City, CA 94014
(650) 992-6191
http://www.filamcuisine.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!