Orange County: Sunmerry Bakery

We spent our first full day in SoCal in San Diego.  This gave my sister a chance to catch up with her college friend EC...and buy a pair of Rainbows from the factory outlet on the way south.

But first, breakfast.  Just down the street from where we were staying in Irvine was Sunmerry Bakery:


I was absolutely delighted to find out that the bakery had a Happy Lemon in it.  While my sister and CK got their coffee fix from 7 Leaves Cafe across the plaza, I was ready to get my lemon slushy on. 

Except the Happy Lemon at Sunmerry didn't offer slushies.  Sigh.  Black tea with salted cheese it was then.  Can't be too mad at that.

Happy Lemon was an unexpected side benefit, but the real reason why we were at Sunmerry was the baked goods:


We originally wanted CK to try Sunmerry's taro cake.  Unfortunately, they didn't have any in stock, so she got the taro waltz ($1.80) instead:


There wasn't much taro in it, however:


Still fragrant and tasty though.

My sister chose the pudding brioche ($1.60):


It was super soft and came with a pudding center:


I'm more of a savory kind of gal, so I went with the shiitake cheese ($2):


Super yummy with lots of mushroom. 

I love Asian bakeries.  The bread is always soft and there's always so much to choose from.  Sunmerry is no different.  From cakes to breads to pastries, there's something for everyone.

Why is the Bay Area always the last to get the good Asian stuff?!


Sunmerry Bakery

14805 Jeffrey Rd Ste E
Irvine, CA 92618
(949) 431-6174
https://www.sunmerryus.com/

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!