San Francisco: Super Pan

The last naturalization workshop of the year happened to fall on a Saturday during my father's two-week trip to Taiwan.  Coincidence?  I doubt it.  He's missed the last three workshops I had to work at.  My mother, on the other hand, has not missed a single one.  Even my sister came out to help.  (I may or may not have signed her up to volunteer without her knowing.)

Anyway, after the workshop, we drove my sister back to her apartment, stopping for dinner at Super Pan along the way:


I only made it as far as the adjoining E Tea the last time I was there, but this time we made it into Super Pan territory:


I didn't forget about E-Tea though.  The great thing about adjoining joints is that you can cross order.  I was still recovering from my cold, so I got the hot taro milk ($3.95):


There were no pearls in it, but the thick straw was necessary for the large chunks of taro resting at the bottom of the cup.  We wanted my mother, a massive taro fan, to try the fresh taro king (which we ordered the last time I was there), but alas, it was not to be.  Apparently the blender was broken that night.  Boo.

We started with the combination appetizer platter:


It was $9.99 for three items, fried calamari, karaage chicken, and French fries.  It came with ketchup and some kind of tangy chili sauce. 

My sister and I both ordered the cheesy omelette rice with beef ($11.99), which came on a sizzling plate:


You get to choose one type of sauce to pour over your rice.  My sister asked for the white creamy sauce, whereas I selected the tomato sauce.  Both were utterly bland.  We kept going back for the salt and pepper shakers in hopes of adding some kind of flavor.

My mother got the chashu ramen ($9.99):


She wasn't a fan.

At the end of the meal, we all agreed that food at Super Pan is basically just alright.  The portions are generous (I couldn't finish all of my rice) and the prices are reasonable, but...it certainly won't ever cross my mind to go back. 

Lesson learned.  I'll stick to the E Tea side from now on.


Super Pan
5344 Geary Blvd
San Francisco, CA 94121
(415) 668-5344
http://www.superpansanfrancisco.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!