San Francisco: Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem

My sister had surgery this month.  She had to report to the hospital at 6:00am, so I spent the night with her in the city the night before.  We met up at Teeth in the Mission for dinner:


Wednesday nights at Teeth means $0.25 wings with the purchase of two beverages.  Technically, it's two beverages per person, but we got away with ordering two for the two of us by having my sister place our order at the bar and me wait in the outdoor patio:


Neither of us could drink (my sister because of the surgery and me because I'm a wuss), so my sister got us ginger beers.  I have no clue what brand that ginger beer was, but damn was it gingery.  The aftertaste had a particularly spicy kick to it. 

I liked it.  Heh.

We probably also got away with not ordering another two drinks because of the totchos ($11) we added:


Nachos made with tater tots have certainly been done before, but Teeth does them extremely well.  The totchos at Teeth are just LOADED with good stuff.  There's melty, melty cheese, guacamole, pico de gallo, olives, sour cream, and jalapenos...all smothering piping hot, super crunchy tater tots.  And the cheese isn't just any old melted cheese.  No siree.  It has the texture of a béchamel sauce, or as I like to call it, mashed potato cheese.  My favorite.

I was actually already full before I got to Teeth.  My office had its holiday party right at the end of the work day and even though I told myself I would leave space for wings, I exercised zero self control as per usual.  I told my sister that I could handle at most one of each type of wing.  There was buffalo, bbq, sweet chili habanero, and au natural:


The bbq was particularly saucy and tomato-y, while the sweet chili habanero was tangy, but not spicy at all.  Nothing surprising about the buffalo wings or the au natural ones. 

Were they the best wings I've ever had?  No.  But they're not bad.  And more importantly, they're 25 cents each.  25 FREAKIN CENTS.  You can't be too choosy when they're that cheap.

In short, Teeth is awesome.  Especially on Wednesdays.


Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem
2323 Mission St
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 285-2380 
http://teethbarsf.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!