San Francisco: Volcano

I had a work conference in downtown SF back in August, so to spare myself the commute, I spent the night before at my sister's place in the city.  We met at Volcano for dinner:


There are no frills at Volcano:


You just go up to the counter, place your order, get your own water, find your own table, and then wait for your food to arrive.

Volcano is all about Japanese style curry.  The basic curry comes with rice and veggies.  You can get whatever protein you like, such as chicken, beef, fish, or even burger steak.  Then you can add whatever toppings you desire (for an additional cost of course).

I ordered the chicken katsu curry ($8.95) with no extra toppings:


My sister got the pork katsu ($8.95), also with no toppings:


Honestly, when I have Japanese curry, all I need is the curry sauce and rice.  Everything else is just bonus.  Volcano's curry sauce is quite good and you can ask for it as spicy as you can handle.  For me, that means not spicy at all.  I could have done without the veggies as they were just bland boiled carrots and potatoes.  The katsu, however, was well seasoned and nicely fried. 

So much rice though.  So much rice...that I may or may not have finished.

Ugh.  Why do I always do that to myself?


Volcano
5454 Geary Blvd
San Francisco, CA 94121
(415) 752-7671
http://volcanocurry.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!