Chicago: Stan's Donuts & Coffee

No girlfriend reunion is complete without dessert.  After lunch at Dove's, we walked a bit down the street to Stan's Donuts:


The interior was very hipster girly glam:


With so many gorgeous donuts to choose from, we took a ridiculously long time to make our selection:


So long that we got out of line to let other more prepared people go ahead.

All the donuts looked so good that we ended up getting five donuts for the three of us.

We got the nutella banana pocket:


It wouldn't be called a nutella banana pocket without nutella and banana inside:


Besides the pistachio glazed, we also got the toffee cake:


And the lemon curd:


Which we wished was a bit more tangy:


And finally, the apple fritter:


For someone who isn't a huge lover of donuts, it's surprising how often I have them.  It's not that I don't enjoy them, because I love myself a fluffy donut just as much as the next person. (Especially when it comes in the form of a pistachio glazed or a nutella pocket.)  It's just that I always crave french fries afterward.

If I was a donut lover, I would constantly be at Stan's Donuts.  But the donuts don't come cheap.  The regular ones are $1.75 each while the specialty ones are either $2.50 or $3.25 each.

Thank you, Goddess C, for taking the time out of your busy weekday to meet up for lunch!  Double thank you for treating us to donuts!  You better come visit the Bay soon or I'm going to go drag your ass over here myself.

Love ya!
 

Stan's Donuts & Coffee
1560 N. Damen Avenue
Chicago, IL 60622
(773) 360-7386
http://www.stansdonutschicago.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!