Thailand: Morning Market

I'm back!  And by that I mean not only am I back with a new post, I'm also back in the States.  CK is hanging out with my family in the Bay for about two weeks before heading back to Chicago, so I can't promise that I'll be posting regularly and often anytime soon.  I'll try though.  I'm so very behind.

Anyway, back to Bangkok.  The day after AG's family found out that we wanted to check out a local market they made it happen:


So many people, so much color, so many sights and smells.

The curry stall was one of my favorites:


You choose what you want and the lady packs it into a plastic bag for you.  AG's aunt got us a few curries for dinner.

My other favorite was the Thai tea man:


Just look at those manly arms as he makes our Thai tea.  I probably should have been disturbed by the amount of condensed milk he dumped in each cup, but instead it kind of made my day.

The plastic drink thong cracked me up:


That Thai tea was the best I've ever had and the drink thong made it that much better.

On our way out, we stopped by a stall for beef noodle soup:


As well as this stall for meatballs on a stick (AG's cousin's favorite):


And another stall for khao moo dang or BBQ pork over rice:


And khao mun gai or chicken over rice:


As if that wasn't enough, CK got distracted by this stall:


Once her interest was snagged, we couldn't leave without getting some fried bananas and taro:


So much damage done in one morning.  I'm both proud and rather sickened by us.

Comments

  1. I like your website, Excellent efforts. i find unique content here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!