Thailand: Thip Samai Pad Thai

Despite having a full meal at MK Restaurant, AG's family wanted us to try the best (allegedly) pad thai in Bangkok.  This meant making a stop at Thip Samai (called Pad Thai Pratoopee by the locals, which is loosely translated as Ghost Door):


AG's family did take some pity on us and allowed us some time to digest by giving us a night city tour of Bangkok from the inside of their car.

Even with the slight detour, I was still literally in pain from eating too much by the time we got home.  All the same, I couldn't help myself from digging into the pad thai wrapped in a thin omelet:


Oh, no.  One bite wasn't enough for me.

The pad thai was strangely creamy, most likely from the egg yolk that was purposely not cooked all the way.  That creaminess really made the dish.  I've had a lot of pad thai in my life and none of them ever rocked my world as Ghost Door's did.

Wow.

The additional pain was so very worth it.


Thip Samai Pad Thai
313 Mahachai Rd, Phra Nakorn, Bangkok 10200
02-221-6280

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!