Thailand: MK Restaurant

In Kuala Lumpur now and being an old hag means I've been back in the hotel room since before 9:00pm.  Yea, sad.  I know.  But before you start feeling all sorry for me, remember that I'm in freakin' Southeast Asia.  I'm eating lots of awesome food.  I need the rest.

Yea.

Anyway, where was I?  Oh, yea.  Second day in Thailand.

After a day packed with sightseeing, AG's relatives took us to Fashion Island, not for shopping, but for sukiyaki at MK Restaurant:


When I heard sukiyaki, I thought of the Japanese dish.  So when AG kept trying to tell me that I wouldn't like it, I started to get annoyed.  I love sukiyaki.  What the hell was he talking about?

Apparently, sukiyaki to the Thais is hot pot to the rest of the world.

Oh.

I hate hot pot.

Luckily, dinner wasn't an entire bust because MK also offers some non-hot pot options.  There was this crispy pork:


And this roast duck:


Both were doused in some kind of sweet sauce and both were DELICIOUS.  AG's face must have given away how much he enjoyed the duck because AG's uncle ordered a second plate of it.  Holy moly.

The sukiyaki part of the meal was pretty basic hot pot.  Pot in the middle of the table:


And trays of ingredients that you pay by the order:


There were all of the usual hot pot fare.  Fish balls, veggies, meat slices, seafood, the works.  The sauces provided were a bit different from typical hot pot.  I didn't actually get to try it because AG's family ordered me a non-spicy alternative.

The most exciting part of the meal was when music suddenly started to play and all the servers started dancing.  No joke.  Choreographed dancing.  In the middle of the restaurant.  All of them.  To a ridiculous song about MK and sukiyaki.

Our server danced right next to our table.  I couldn't look her in the eye for the rest of the night. 


MK Restaurant
Fashion Island (1F)
Ram Intra Rd, Khan Na Yao, Bangkok 10230
02-947-5082
http://www.mkrestaurant.com/

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!