Taiwan: Chi Niu Xiang

Thanks to Typhoon Saola, CK and AG didn't really get to truly experience night markets in Taiwan.  We tried going to Raohe Night Market but due to the rain there were barely any stalls open and not that many people wandering about.

After doing one walk through of Raohe Street, we managed to get CK and AG one black pepper bun, one order of fried stinky tofu, and one $10 sugar apple. With nothing else really open, we finally gave up and went into Chi Niu Xiang, a beef noodle soup restaurant.

My dad did the ordering and as usual, he went kinda crazy despite our protestations of not being all that hungry.  We started with three cold cut meats.

Pork ears:


What my dad claims is some kind of connective tissue attached to the liver:


And intestines:


He also ordered beef noodle soup:


My dad tried to order an all tendon noodle soup, but when we were informed of the price we quickly ditched that idea. 

Instead my dad ordered wontons in chili oil:


Very fragrant, but not spicy at all.

The cold cut meats were delicious, but personally I think my dad makes a better beef noodle soup.  While the noodles were certainly Q, the soup itself was somewhat lacking in flavor.

As we'd warned my dad, there was a lot of food leftover at the end.  I did, however, manage to finish all the wontons.  I'm boss like that.


齒牛香牛肉麵
台北市饒河街104號
09-5305-3372

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!