South Bay: Taiwan Cafe

I didn't get much sleep on my flight back to the Bay (plus I stayed up to catch the first bus to the airport), but that didn't stop me from enjoying a full day back at home with the family.   My parents asked me what I wanted to eat and for once I had no ideas.  So they took my sister and I to Taiwan Cafe for some Hakka cuisine:


The interior was very festive.  I was a little confused by the hanging pineapples, but I've learned not to ask questions about Asian restaurant decor:


I'm not really familiar with Hakka cuisine.  The only Hakka dish I know is large intestine with ginger.  We tried to stick to the Hakka specials section of the menu, but we did make an exception for eggplant with basil:


Very well done.

There were a lot of intestine to choose from.  I don't remember what part of the intestine this is:


The texture was a little off for me.  Too...loose?  Does that even make sense?

We also got a stir fry with small intestine:


Sadly, the intestine were a trifle bland.

My mom wanted noodles:


None of us got to try any.  My mom killed it within minutes.

I really enjoyed this pork roast:


Fatty, succulent, and went perfect with rice.

Last but not least, we ordered some kind of Hakka stir fry:


It was a bit on the spicy side.

Dunno if I'll be back anytime soon, but overall, it was a great first meal back in the Bay.  I can't believe it's already been over a week since I've been back.  Only a week more to go before it's back to school again.  Argh...I'm not ready to leave yet!


Taiwan Cafe
588 N Abel St
Milpitas, CA 95035
(408) 586-8885

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!