Chicago: La Baguette

To kill some time after dinner, MM and I went to Little Village to see if we could find her a Halloween costume.  Sadly, all the clothing stores were closed by the time we got there.  But on the upside, I got to explore a neighborhood I'd never been to before and we found La Baguette:


La Baguette is basically the ultimate Mexican bread and pastry FACTORY.  Just the sight of all the goodies is almost overwhelming, not to mention all the amazing smells.  And everything is so damn cheap too!

MM got a tres leches cake for about two bucks:


The layer of frosting was a bit thick for both our tastes, but the cake itself was moist and delicious.  I can't say that it's better than Kristoffer's tres leches cake, but for $2?  I don't really care.

I asked MM to help me pick out some bread.  She recommended this cinnamon-y goodness:


And this cute little pig:


I wasn't very fond of the pig, even though I really wanted to be.  It was rather dense and tasteless and just overall blah.  The cinnamon sprinkled one, on the other hand, was mucho yummy.  Both only cost me under $1.50.  Now that's what I'm talking about!

I definitely need to make another trip out to Little Village.  According to MM, that's where all the good Mexican food is.  And where there's good Mexican food, I'm there.  Plus, I would love another walk around La Baguette.  I just want to take a nibble out of everything.  Too bad they probably wouldn't take too kindly to that...


La Baguette
3117 W 26th St
Chicago, IL 60623
(773) 254-0006
http://www.labaguettechicago.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!