Chicago: Simone's

Now that we're spread all over the place and everyone has different (not to mention crazy) work schedules, it's hard to coordinate a get together with my SSA girls.  MM finally had a day off, so we seized the chance and met up at Simone's in Pilsen:


The two of us shared a buffalo chicken sandwich:


It came with a mix of regular fries and sweet potato fries.

The sandwich itself consisted of pulled chicken with buffalo sauce and celery relish:


I didn't expect the chicken to be so...spicy.  I think I burned my lips eating that sandwich.

We also split a Simone's pizza at our server's recommendation, which came topped with potatoes, parmesan, and rosemary simple syrup:


MM and I were so busy talking up a storm that by the time I picked up a slice, it had already gotten cold.  I've always believed that you can identify a great pizza by seeing if it still tastes great cold.  Simone's pizza was good, but I could tell that it probably tasted better warm.

Simone's is a great place to relax and catch up with friends.  MM and I sat there for a long time, just chatting and laughing and we never felt rushed or pressured to leave or order more.  The atmosphere is chill, the food is decent, the prices fair...all in all, a cool place to hang out at in Pilsen.


Simone's
960 W 18th St
Chicago, IL 60608
(312) 666-8601
http://simonesbar.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!