Chicago: M Henrietta

Could anyone blame me for not having any motivation to go to class the day before Thanksgiving break?  Especially since I only had ONE class and it was from 4:00-6:00pm?  AND it was raining?  I think not.

Even so, I debated with myself all the way to M Henrietta and back:


CK had a doctor's appointment downtown in the afternoon, so opportunists that we are, we seized the chance to get out of Hyde Park and enjoy some brunch.

M Henrietta was pretty quiet (probably because it was a Tuesday morning):


After consulting with our server, we decided on the latina omeletta:


The omelette itself was made of black beans, tomatoes, sour cream, Wisconsin sharp cheddar, green and sweet onions, and cilantro.  It came topped with chipotle sauce and with a side of sweet plantains and house potatoes.  While I enjoyed the plantains, the omelette needed a bit more salt and the potatoes disappointingly looked crunchier than they actually were.

The blackberry bliss hotcakes, however, were TO DIE FOR:


Now, I'm not a huge berry person, but one bite of these babies made me want to burst into the hallelujah chorus.  Warm blackberries, vanilla mascarpone cream, and best of all...a crunchy brown sugar and oat crust.  So.  Damn.  Good.

I would go back to M Henrietta for the blackberry bliss hotcakes alone.

Oh, and I ended up skipping class.  I got home from brunch, put on my pjs...and it was gameover.


M Henrietta
1133 W Granville Ave
Chicago, IL 60660
(773) 761-9700
http://www.mhenrietta.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!