South Bay: The Diner of Los Gatos

My dad's church is located in the Saratoga hills and on the drive there, he always passes by this little diner:



My dad has talked about giving it a try for the longest time. Our chance finally came when we planned a family trip to Half Moon Bay directly after church.

The diner has everything a typical 1950s diner should have, from the retro lights to the posters of James Dean on the wall:



It definitely felt like an established local hangout. Most of the diners were around my grandparents' age and the little old lady servers knew a lot of them by name.

My sister and I split the super omelette:



The omelette consisted of bacon, avocado, and turkey. The hollandaise sauce was a nice touch. It also came with a side of home fries and toast. The dish certainly lived up to its name - my sister and I could barely finish everything.

My mom went with the SF burger, which was made of ham, burger patty, and cheese between grilled sourdough:



Mom didn't really enjoy it, but I thought it was good. Then again, I'm a sucker for anything with grilled sourdough. And this sourdough was grilled quite well.

My dad was in the mood for the BBQ burger, which included ham and jack cheese:



I was not a fan of the cole slaw. (Tasted too much like mayo for me.) The burger was satisfying because of its...I don't know how to describe it other than "burger taste." If you like meat patties straight off the grill, you should know what I mean. It just smells and tastes like juicy BEEF.

Overall, the food was good, but cost a bit more than I usually expect to pay at a diner. I shouldn't be surprised though, it was Los Gatos after all.


The Diner of Los Gatos
235 Los Gatos Saratoga Rd
Los Gatos, CA 95030
(408) 354-4886

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!