Oakland: Fentons Creamery

When I told my friend that the ice cream parlor featured in Pixar's "Up" was an actual ice cream parlor in Oakland, she was adamant that we go. Which is how we ended up at Fentons after a day spent gallivanting around San Francisco:



I have good memories of Fentons from my days at Berkeley. Late night chili fries and ice cream rendezvous, hearing my friends explain their strategies for beating the Fentons challenge (I still don't know how anyone can eat 3 lbs of ice cream in 20 minutes)...even my graduation lunch was spent seated at a booth at Fentons.

Fentons can get pretty busy, so I was surprised when we were ushered in without having to wait at all:



I sent my sister off to take some pictures of the ice cream offerings:



We decided to create our own sundae by picking 3 ice cream flavors and 3 toppings:



We went with the pistachio, the coffee cookie dream, and the mint cookie and topped them off with caramel, chocolate fudge, and jersey (malted milk chocolate). I wasn't a huge fan of the pistachio, but the coffee cookie dream was to die for. I also love scooping the chocolate fudge overflow straight into my mouth.

Bay Area pride!


Fentons Creamery
4226 Piedmont Ave
Oakland, CA 94611
(510) 658-7000

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!