Chicago: Rosebud on Rush

My friend and I had been trying to coordinate a Rosebud $5 burger run since last quarter, but our schedules just never seemed to work out. This quarter we just picked a Friday, roped in two other people, and made it work:



Rosebud's $5 burger deal is available every weekday from 11:00am to 3:00pm. I had a class that ended at noon, but we still managed to get ourselves downtown a little after 1:00.

As you can tell from the interior, Rosebud's usual fare is a bit on the fancier side (think Italian):



We were immediately brought a basket of warm bread:



A server went around the table filling our individual dishes with olive oil and topping it with a mound of parmesan:



The burger came on a pretzel bun with a side of fries:



You could choose to add cheese for $1 (I decided not to).

I ordered mine medium rare and it came just so:



The burger was really good, if not a little too big. I think I'm getting weaker in my old age. I managed to finish the beast, but I felt disgustingly full afterwards. I couldn't get through all the fries, which was a shame because I actually enjoyed them. They were crunchy without crossing the line into rock-hard. The spicy ketchup was also a nice touch.

Burgers at Rosebud are usually $10.75, so getting it for $5 was really quite a steal. There aren't many places left where you can get a (too) filling meal for $5 so take advantage of it!


Rosebud on Rush
720 N Rush St
Chicago, IL 60611
(312) 266-6444

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!