Oakland: Square Pie Guys

For SY's birthday last year, we met up in Oakland as we usually do.  VN suggested we check out Square Pie Guys:


Even though I work in Oakland, I know embarrassingly little about what's downtown.  I had no clue Square Pie Guys was even there.

Because of the pandemic, there was no indoor dining.  Instead, we placed our order at the counter and then stepped outside to wait:


Luckily, there were a handful of tables outside, which we made use of.  

We started with dessert.  We got the monkey bread ($7):


The dough was dunked in butter and brown sugar, then topped with sliced nectarines, caramel, and ricotta.  The first couple were delicious, but as they sat out in the air, the sugar hardened and they became less pleasant to eat.

For a less carb-y option, we also ordered buffalo wings ($13):


Then came the pizzas.  How Mush-Room ($20) seemed healthy:


I mean, garlic ricotta cream?  Roasted mushroom medley?  Sounds like all veggies to me.

Then to balance out all that healthiness, we also ordered the 6x8 ($21):


48 pepperonis on red sauce.  Not that I actually counted the pepperoni.  I'm just taking their word for it.

Both pizzas were delicious.  I really enjoyed the flavor of the mushroom one, but I probably couldn't eat more than one slice because of how rich it is.  The classic, on the other hand, was tangy and went down so easy.

I'm glad Square Pie Guys is now downtown.  Maybe once we're back in the office, I'll be able to drop by for lunch from time to time.  One pizza could definitely last me four days.  

...Or at least it should.  Self-control is still something that I'm working on.


Square Pie Guys
499 Dr Huey P. Newton Wy
Oakland, CA 94607
(510) 626-9960
https://squarepieguys.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!