SF Peninsula: SunRice Cafe

CL told us about how we could get a free day pass to her local Granite Planet  in Belmont (apparently now rebranded as Movement).  T was super interested in rock climbing.  I, on the other hand, couldn't care less.  But then CL mentioned that we could grab Filipino breakfast at SunRice Cafe first and suddenly I was all in.

The place was very quiet when we arrived:

There was a written sign warning about longer waits than usual due to being short-staffed.  We didn't mind.  Pandemic times, yo.

I was most excited about the chicken arroz caldo ($8.50), which is a gingery chicken rice porridge topped with a hardboiled egg and scallions:

Looking at the breakfast menu really brought back memories from our trip to the Philippines a few years ago.  To help us relive those memories, we also ordered tapsilog ($11.95) or thin slices of marinated beef that you can dip in vinegar:

As well as adobo silog ($11.95), which is chicken marinated in garlic, vinegar, and soy sauce:

Both breakfast plates included two eggs and garlic rice.

As if that weren't enough, we also got champorado ($7.95) or chocolate rice porridge for a sweet treat:


Honestly, not the best Filipino food I've ever had, but I wasn't mad at it.  I loved the mom and pop feel of SunRice Cafe.  Prices were reasonable and portion sizes were good.  If I lived down the street like CL does, I could see myself stopping by for a quick meal from time to time.

In other news, I tried rock climbing for the first time and as I expected, I didn't love it.  The entire time I was climbing up that wall, I kept thinking to myself, "Why am I doing this?"  

T, though, seems to have found a new passion.

Well, the next time she wants to go, I'll wait for her down the street at SunRice Cafe.


SunRice Cafe
1504 El Camino Real
Belmont, CA 94002
(650) 592-4837

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!