South Bay: Bai Xing Jia Hunan Fusion

Bai Xing Jia Hunan Fusion opened near my house quite a while ago, but we dallied in checking it out.  Anything with "fusion" in the name just makes me wary.  But after a family friend gave it glowing reviews, I finally went with my mom and CK:


The interior was dimly lit with these red lanterns, which gave it an intimate feel:


We started with the black fungus mushroom in vinegar ($5.95):


It was crunchy and tart and quite refreshing.

Then came the sauteed cauliflower with chili pepper ($12.95):


The spicy intestine ($14.95) was a delightful surprise in that it came with braided cookies:


Called ma hua in Chinese, these cookies added a slight sweetness and crunchiness to the dish.

Our last entree had a pretty Chinese name, but the English name on the menu was simply a list of the components.  Let me introduce you to "(Simmer)meat Ball.egg.squid.pork. Mushroom Mix Together" ($16.95):


They forgot to mention shrimp.  The thing about Chinese restaurants is that you can't let bad English translations (yes, I copied it exactly as written on the menu) deter you from ordering a dish.  You might be missing out.  Now was this dish the most amazing one of the meal?  No, but it was pretty good.

Everything we had at Hunan Fusion was pretty solid.  Our only complaint was that the price tag was just a tad too steep for the portion sizes.  I probably wouldn't go out of my way to eat at Hunan Fusion, but I wouldn't avoid it either like I was doing before.


Bai Xing Jia Hunan Fusion
1701 Lundy Ave #100
San Jose, CA 95131
(408) 392-8293
https://www.baixingjiahunan.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!