Canada: Gus' Pizza

Happy New Year everyone!  I was hoping to start 2020 completely caught up with my posts, but we all know that was just wishful thinking.  Instead, let me tell you about my trip to Banff back in July.

The very end of July, alright?  I am catching up, I swear!

So anyway, T, CV, and I had mentioned wanting to go to Banff in passing multiple times.  But when T texted me to ask if I wanted to book tickets, it still seemed like it came out of nowhere.  I probably should have checked with my boss first, but I immediately said yes.  So, apparently, did CL and her partner DK.

We flew into Calgary on a Friday and drove over five hours to get to the inn where we spent the first couple nights outside of Jasper National Park.  Bright and early the next day, we set out to explore.  Unfortunately, DK was feeling under the weather...so we ditched him.  Thankfully, he was feeling better by the time we returned in the evening to join us for dinner at Gus' Pizza:


There weren't a whole lot of options in terms of food around the area, but Gus' had some pretty decent reviews online.  It was pretty quiet inside when we arrived, but it filled up soon after:


Since our first day in Canada was pretty much all fast food, we tried to make up for it by ordering a Caesar salad ($12.90 CAD / $9.93 USD for a large):


And then we quickly negated that by getting a poutine ($6.20 CAD / $4.77 USD), because, well, Canada:


DK is a big eater, so we figured we should get two large pizzas for the five of us.  We got the bacon and mushroom ($19.95 CAD / $15.36 USD):


As well as the donair, which came with donair meat, onion, tomato, tzaziki ($22.10 CAD / $17 USD):


All in all, a solid meal after a fantastic day in Jasper National Park.  The service was quick and friendly, the atmosphere super homey, the prices reasonable, and the food quite good.  Not the best poutine we had on that trip, but by far not the worst either.

If you're looking for a break from fast food around Jasper, Gus' Pizza is the place to go!


Gus' Pizza
346 Hardisty Ave
Hinton, AB T7V 1E8, Canada
+1 780-865-4232
https://guspizzahinton.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!