Oakland: Huangcheng Noodle House

VN and I met up for dinner one evening after work at a new restaurant in Oaktown:


The interior was very sparsely decorated:


Not sure if the folding chairs and tables are placeholders until real furniture arrive, but decor's not all that important to me.  As long as the food is good, I could care less what kind of chair I'm sitting on.

The meal started off with some complimentary pickled cabbage:


Call me biased because of my upbringing, but I prefer this type of pickled veggie over the Korean style kimchi.

We got the shredded potato with hot OK sauce ($4.99):


The potato was crunchy and had a tinge of that mouth-numbing spice.  This cold dish is perfect for a hot day.

We split two noodle dishes.  First there was the Chongqing street noodles ($8.89):


And then to get some variety, we also got the seafood fried noodle ($10.59):


We asked for the noodles in both to be knife shaved because everyone knows that's more delicious.  Which they were.

I didn't have super high hopes when I walked into Huangcheng Noodle House, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.  The food was pretty darn good and the prices were super affordable.  Everything was no fuss, just the way I like it.

Shan Dong's sesame noodle still hasn't toppled from its place as my favorite noodle in Oakland, but I can see myself heading to Huangcheng if the wait for Shan Dong gets too crazy.


Huangcheng Noodle House
734 Webster St
Oakland, CA 94607
(702) 481-3124
https://www.huangchengnoodle.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!