South Bay: Sweet Honey Dessert

My friends and I aren't very good about ending things at dinner.  Even before we finish the meal, we're usually already talking about where we should go next.  Pearl tea?  Dessert?  Second dinner?

After Must Be Thai, we decided to take things a bit closer to home and stop at Sweet Honey Dessert:


The place was packed:


We huddled in the corner by the door for a while before a table opened for us.

We really weren't hungry.  We just wanted an excuse to keep sitting and chatting together.  So the five of us split a few things.  We got the durian in vanilla frost with grass jelly ($7.25) and the mango pomelo sago tofu pudding  ($6.75):


We also got the sesame and walnut soup with glutinous rice balls ($6.45):


And the durian pancake ($7.45):


It was filled with whipped cream and, you guessed it, durian:


Even though we had just finished dinner and were at Sweet Honey Dessert for dessert, I couldn't help myself when I saw a sign on the table listing calamari rings ($5.95) as a snack option:


Instead of a sweet tooth, I very much have a savory one.  Luckily, T was on the same page.  That's probably why we get along so well.

Of everything we ordered that night, the unanimous favorites were the ones with durian in it.  Or more accurately, the durian parts of it.  The durian added a flavor punch while everything else was just a tad watered down and bland.

Would I go back again?  Maybe.  It's walking distance from my house.  But prices aren't cheap and I think I rather spend my money on pearl tea.  Lord knows that's already expensive enough.


Sweet Honey Dessert
1698 Hostetter Rd Ste L, Bldg A
San Jose, CA 95131
(408) 816-8922
https://www.sweethoneydessert.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!