South Bay: B-909 Icy Tea

For those of you who don't know, San Jose is freakin' huge.  Living on the northern border means that I am embarrassingly unfamiliar with the rest of my own city.  It was only after CK moved to South San Jose that I started spending more time exploring parts previously unknown.

For instance, Abby and I met up with CK and her husband AG one night at B-909 Icy Tea:


I didn't know that plaza existed much less that there was a dessert shop there:


We got the popcorn chicken and tapioca milk tea combo ($8.50):


As well as the taro snow ($6.95):


We could've added as many toppings as we desired, but we're basic people and really only wanted condensed milk.  Not just because it's free (other toppings range from $0.50 to $1 each).  We just love condensed milk.

I was really craving an avocado smoothie, but $6.25 seemed rather steep for a beverage.  I finally decided YOLO and ordered one.  It was HUGE:


Still not cheap, but lifting that massive glass was like an arm work out.

There wasn't really anything that makes B-909 stand apart from other dessert places of its like (such as Sno-Crave).  The menu is extensive, the food alright, and the atmosphere designed so that people can just chill. 

Am I itching to go back?  Not really.  But I wouldn't mind going there for a post-dinner snack if my friends wanted to keep hanging out.


B-909 Icy Tea
2569 S King Rd C5
San Jose, CA 95122
(669) 234-7044
https://b-909-icy-tea.business.site/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!