Tri-City: Blackball Dessert House

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a Meet Fresh fanatic.  I LOVE IT SO MUCH.  So I've never been tempted to give Blackball Dessert House a chance.  Because how could it possibly compete with my beloved Meet Fresh?

We finally gave it a shot...when it was the only dessert place within walking distance from our favorite Indian buffet, Favorite Indian:


There were six of us and we really weren't hungry (since we just had a buffet and all), so we split two bowls.  We got the No. 24 taro crushed ice ($6.50) and the No. 1 grass jelly with sweet potato and taro balls and boba ($5.95):


Our expectations weren't super high and yet Blackball still managed not to meet them.  Everything was just rather...blah.  The taro was undercooked, so much so that we couldn't eat them.  The grass jelly was nowhere as good as the signature from Meet Fresh because it didn't have grass jelly shaved ice.

No thanks, Blackball.  I'll be sticking with my true love, Meet Fresh.

(Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so because when I looked it up just now, I discovered that the Union City location that we went to has closed.  Oh well.)


Blackball Dessert House
34563 Alvarado-Niles Rd
Union City, CA 94587
(510) 431-3893

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!