South Bay: Tastea

The grand opening of Tastea near my house totally escaped my notice until I stopped by Christy's donuts one day with my sister:


Apparently everyone else had gotten the memo though, judging by how packed the place was:


Or maybe I just wasn't young or hip enough to receive the memo in the first place.  Walking into Tastea felt like being transported back to high school.  Even my sister felt old in comparison to everyone else.

My sister got the salted cream jasmine iced tea ($4):


She really enjoyed the tea flavor, but jasmine isn't my cup of tea.  (See what I did there?)

Being more of a black tea person, I went with the sunset peach ($4.50):


The peach and raspberry black tea came with little mango bits at the bottom.  The black tea was supposedly organic and made with real fruit juice.  Which sounds nice and all, but it was bitter!  I only forced myself to drink it because it was freakin' $4.50. 

Would I be back?  Most likely not.  The prices are a tad over the top for me.  The smallest milk teas cost $4.50 as well and that doesn't include toppings ($0.60 more!). 

Um, no thanks.  I'm just going to take my ancient dinosaur self to the usual boring, non-organic pearl tea joints.


Tastea
1160 N Capitol Ave
San Jose, CA 95132
(408) 503-6347
http://www.gotastea.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!