Sonoma County: Guerneville Bank Club

The highlight of our staycation in Guerneville was when we put my mother in a canoe.  My sister and I spent the weeks leading up to our trip teasing her with the possibility of river snakes and her canoe flipping in waters 20 feet over her head.  So I suppose it's only karma when my mother completed the 10 mile excursion without getting wet, while my sister and I ended up in the river after losing a battle with a bush.  (It was possibly my fault that we ended up in the bush in the first place.  My bad.)

While we had a blast and I would certainly recommend Burke's Canoes to anyone planning a trip to the Russian River, by the time we hit the last mile or so, we were ready to be done.

We were completely pooped when we made it back to town.  The first thing we did was head to Guerneville Bank Club for a hard-earned reward:


Originally an actual bank built in 1921, Guerneville Bank Club is a one stop shop for Nimble & Finn ice cream and Chile Pies Baking Co. pies:


To appease my father, we ordered the chocolate coconut cream pie, which combines two of his favorite things, chocolate and coconut:


We asked the young man behind the counter whether he would recommend the white nectarine raspberry pie or the peach creme fraiche with blueberries.  Without an ounce of hesitation, he told us to get the peach:


Since he seemed to know what was good, we asked him to pair an ice cream with the pie for us.  Smart move on our part because he ended up giving us a flavor that wasn't even on the daily menu: Earl Grey with cherries.

The coconut cream pie was alright, but the peach was delicious.  And oh.  My.  Gawd.  That ice cream.  Was.  Awesome.

A slice of pie costs $5.50 and it'll take an extra $3 to make it a la mode.  If pie's not your thing, you can get a single scoop of ice cream for $4 and a double scoop for $7.  Or better yet,  mix the two together into a pie shake for $10.

Not the cheapest thing, but after canoeing for 10 miles?  We deserved to treat ourselves.

...Then we quickly reverted back to our cheap Chinese selves and got tortilla chips, queso, and fried chicken for dinner.  (Thanks to my sister chatting up the Safeway guy, we got a couple extra drumsticks.  Woot!)


Guerneville Bank Club
16290 Main St
Guerneville, CA 95446
(707) 666-9411
http://guernevillebankclub.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!