Orange County: Meet Fresh

We thought we should buy some gifts for our hosts in Irvine, so we drove to 85C Bakery for some bread.  As we were entering the plaza, I caught sight of something that made me lose my shit.

MEET FRESH!:


I might have gone crazy for ten seconds and scared both my sister and T.  But how can you blame me?  It's Meet Fresh!

Meet Fresh may be a dying chain in Taiwan, but I love it.  I love it so much.  I didn't know it'd made it to the States until I saw it in Irvine:


So many Chinese people in one place.  It felt just like being in Taiwan.

Whether in Taiwan or in Irvine, I always get the Meet Fresh signature:


It's all about the grass jelly shaved ice:


It's shaved so fine that it just melts in your mouth.  And once you mix in the cream, it's even better.

Even though I could probably eat the shaved ice by itself, it doesn't hurt to have taro and sweet potato rice balls.  And grass jelly.

Everything in that bowl is just SO GOOD.

$6.50 is a bit outrageous, especially given how you can get the same thing for a third of the price in Taiwan.  But that didn't deter me.  Not at all.  In fact, the very next day, while T was out on a spa day with her friend, my sister and I made our way right back at Meet Fresh.  I figured I should try something new on the menu, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Considering how there's currently only one Meet Fresh in the entire United States of America, who knows when I'll be able to have the Meet Fresh signature again?

Someone needs to open a Meet Fresh in the Bay Area pronto!  I have a feeling that it's going to happen.  Soon.  Very soon.

HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL!


Meet Fresh
2710 Alton Pkwy
Irvine, CA 92606
(949) 955-9236
http://www.meetfresh.us/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!