Berkeley: I.B.'s Hoagies

Continuing down memory lane, I made my sister stop at I.B.'s Hoagies for some spuds:


I wanted to know if they were as good as I remembered.  Being the health nut that I was back in my undergraduate days, I used to get a bucket of curly fries from I.B.'s every once in a while.  Lots of curly fries, freshly fried...yea, those were the good old days.

We couldn't decide between curly fries and tater tots, so we got a mix of both:


In the 5.5 years since I graduated, the menu at I.B.'s hasn't changed and the fries still come piping hot.  One thing is different, however.  There's no longer the "bucket of fries" option.

The old "bucket" used to be a large, heaping square take-out box.  Nowadays, you get to choose between small and large.  The large comes in a dinky cup (shown above).  I was a little disappointed, but the fries were still so good that I eventually got over it.

A little sad, but life goes on, eh?


I.B.'s Hoagies
2513 Durant Ave
Berkeley, CA 94704
(510) 841-1681
http://ibhoagies.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!