Berkeley: ShareTea

The real reason why we stopped in Berkeley after my work event was so that we could drop by ShareTea:


Where was this when I was a student at Berkeley?  If ShareTea had been around back in the day, I would've gained my freshman 15 within the first month of school.  No doubt about it.

There were a lot of people at ShareTea that day, but service was quick and efficient:


ShareTea is currently my favorite pearl tea spot for one reason and one reason only...this:


High mountain milk tea.  It's awesome.  ShareTea runs a bit sweet, so make sure to drop the sweetness level down to at least 80% if you want to avoid a toothache.  I also like to have mine without ice.

And here's an extra tip: high mountain milk tea tastes better the longer it sits.  T once bought a high mountain milk tea with grass jelly and let it sit in the fridge overnight.  She claims it was the best milk tea she ever had.

There are multiple ShareTea stores in the Bay Area.  Besides the Berkeley branch, there's also one in San Francisco, San Mateo, Union City, and San Jose.  I've been to all but the Union City location.  Not every location offers high mountain milk tea.  While San Francisco and Berkeley does, San Mateo does not.

The San Jose store is just walking distance from my house.  While high mountain milk tea isn't on the menu (only high mountain crema is), you can still order it.  I know because I've done it.  I had to break in multiple newbie cashiers, but after half a dozen trips, they now all know to punch in regular black milk tea and substitute out the black tea for high mountain tea.

I was super excited when the San Jose store opened.  That excitement has waned a bit since experiencing their inefficient and inconsistent service.  Sometimes the drinks are great, sometimes they're...not.  And just about all of the time, it takes a while for the drinks to be prepared.

Sigh.  Hopefully things will improve over time.

Anyway, one last thing before I stop rambling about ShareTea.  For those of you who live for reward points, ShareTea accepts FiveStars.  It takes 12 drinks to get one free.

Okay, I'm done.

Get thee to a ShareTea immediately.  High mountain milk tea is waiting for you!


ShareTea
2440 Bancroft Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
(415) 734-0525
http://www.shareteasf.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!