SF Peninsula: Crepevine

After a wild afternoon of playing laser tag in the hallowed halls of Stanford (and around the Rodin sculpture garden) in celebration of CL's birthday, AF, T, and I stopped by Burlingame for dinner.

We walked up and down the street before settling on Crepevine:


The place was overflowing with families:


We got in line and perused the menu before placing our order at the front counter.

We got the Santa Fe crepe with house potatoes:


This crepe came with grilled chicken apple sausage, scrambled eggs, green onions, provolone, and salsa fresca.

Our second crepe was the Bombay, which I demanded come with french fries:


The crepe came stuffed with sauteed chicken breast, spinach, bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions in curry sauce.

While we were still waiting in line, we all saw a majestic salad pass by.  It looked so good that we then and there agreed to add a Bangkok salad:


I know what you're all thinking.  Salad?  Me?  Even I was shocked.  But it looked that good.

The salad came with ginger curry marinated grilled chicken, red onion, mint, cilantro, roasted peanuts, and spicy lemongrass vinaigrette.  I was most excited about the vinaigrette, but I was tragically let down.  Not only was it not spicy, I couldn't detect any trace of lemongrass.  Boo.

Nothing spectacular at Crepevine, but nothing really to complain about either (besides the missing lemongrass in the lemongrass vinaigrette).  Quick service, decent prices, and good food.  That's what you can expect.

A huge thank you to CL for introducing me to the fun of laser tag.  I love how serious people quickly got about the game (including me...I think I thought I was filming an action film).  I told my sister all about how we could rent laser tag guns and she's already planning her own laser tag birthday.

Happy belated, CL!


Crepevine
1310 Burlingame Ave
Burlingame, CA 94010
(650) 344-1310

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!