Cambodia: Borey Savann Restaurant

Vhet packed our second morning in Siem Reap full of temples and history and breathtaking sights.  There was the royal swimming pool (more like a giant lake than a pool), Banteay Kdei, Ta Prohm (where they filmed Tomb Raider), and Preah Khan.  By lunchtime, CK and I were hot, tired, and more than ready for a break.

So when Vhet led us into Borey Savann, we were very grateful:


Vhet made sure we were seated and taken care of before he left.  It seemed like a pretty quiet day for Borey Savann:


Lunch came in a set menu.  Again, drinks not included.  I ordered a lime juice and this green beast caught me by surprise:


All it was missing was a tiny parasol.  It was so good that when I saw little ants hanging out on the rim, I just picked them out and continued slurping.

Our first course was fried spring rolls with peanut and fish sauce:


Then came tom yum soup with fish:


Nowhere as intense as its Thai counterpart.

Both fried rice and steamed rice (don't ask me why we needed both):


Amok chicken:


It was supposed to come in a green coconut.  We were greatly disappointed.  Or I should say I was.  CK probably didn't care at all.  I swear I saw another table with their chicken in a coconut though!

Our last entree was the stir fried pork with garlic, bell peppers, and onion:


To round out the meal, we were brought a fruit platter with pineapple and watermelon:


I can't get enough of pineapple in SE Asia.  I'm obsessed.

Before walking out of the restaurant, we made sure to pick up some sodas for Vhet and our driver.  They didn't seem too impressed by our offering.  Maybe we should have asked them what they preferred...


Borey Savann Restaurant
No. 0243, Road to Angkor
Sangkat Slor Kram, Siem Reap, Cambodia
063 760 617

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!