Oakland: Royaltea

After my office moved to Jack London Square, our usual pearl tea haunts (iTea and T4) became a bit further and thus a bit less ideal for a quick peal tea office run.  As I was looking up possible alternatives, I discovered that there was a Royaltea blocks closer to us:


It was pretty quiet inside, thank goodness:


My boba-loving coworkers are pretty adventurous.  Most of the time, when I ask them what they want, they tell me to surprise them.  As I'd never been to Royaltea before, I figured that everything I ordered would be a surprise to me as well.

I ended up getting the puff cream boba milk tea ($4.25), the mango tea with pearls ($3.50 + $0.25 for topping), the lychee tea ($3.50), and the puff cream uji matcha ($4):


I can only speak to the lychee tea, since that was mine.  I appreciated that you could choose between green and black tea for the fruit tea options.  It's no secret that I'm not a fan of green tea (too floral for my tastes).  Most places, to my great consternation, tend to make their fruit teas with green tea and green tea only.

Royaltea does things old school and has plastic lids for its cups.  Which is bloody inconvenient when you're walking and carrying five drinks (the fifth one wasn't pictured above because it was another puff cream boba milk tea) in a cup carrier and the lids keep bumping into one another.

Sigh.  First world problems, I know.

But hooray for pearl tea options closer to the new office!


Royaltea
702 Webster St
Oakland, CA 94607
(510) 250-9828
https://www.royalteaus.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!