Los Angeles: One Zo

While we were in San Gabriel Valley, it didn't make sense not to get pearl tea.  Abby already had One Zo in mind, so there we went:


I'd never heard of One Zo.  However, once I learned that they make their own boba in different flavors and all in-house, I was all aboard.  Unfortunately, they weren't making any boba that day (there's a side room with windows through which you can watch the magic in action), but that didn't stop all the people from getting their pearl tea fix:


Abby ordered the milk tea with One Zo boba ($5.49 for a large), while I got the bamboo charcoal latte with black sesame boba ($5.49 for a large).

The bamboo charcoal latte comes in beautiful black and white layers.  At least it is supposed to.  Because I ordered it without ice, as I typically do, the layers disappeared into this solid grey:


Hercules level of DISAPPOINTED.  The bamboo charcoal latte itself wasn't super memorable, but the sesame boba tasted exactly as it should...like sesame.  The One Zo boba consisted of a mix of three.  The mix that day was honey, caramel, and taro, all of which were delicious.

We enjoyed One Zo so much that when we went back to SoCal with T and CV in November, we took them there.  This time, we got to watch as strawberry boba was being made:


A massive fan of brown sugar, I tried out the brown sugar milk tea ($4.99) from One Zo's new tiger tea series:


The other drink was CV's.  I have no idea what she ordered.  All I know is that she vastly preferred my drink.

As did I.

Imagine my excitement when I returned to the Bay to discover that One Zo had opened a branch in Oakland Chinatown without my knowing.  That's walking distance from my office!  The drinks are on the expensive side, yes, but as a treat once in a while, hell yeah!


One Zo
500 N Atlantic Blvd, Ste 168
Monterey Park, CA 91754
(626) 782-7886
https://www.onezo.us/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!