New Orleans: Cochon Butcher

After breakfast at Willie Mae's, we zipped right across the river to Ultimate Swamp Adventures for our swamp tour.  During our tour, we learned that swamp guides use marshmallows to entice alligators over.  We got to see an alligator mama defend her babies and even better yet, we got to hold a baby gator!  (Well, CK and I did.  My sister refused on the grounds that her hands are an investment and thus too precious to risk.)

Too done in by the heat to stay around the swamp at the end of the tour, we called a Lyft and headed straight for Cochon Butcher for post-brunch/pre-dinner snack:


Walking into Cochon Butcher took me back to Chicago.  There was a very hipster/industrial vibe going on:


We placed our order at the counter and then sat down at an open table to wait.  We weren't looking to get full, so the three of us only split two things.  There was the hot boudin ($6):


And possibly the most popular item on the menu, Le Pig Mac ($10):


Think gourmet Big Mac.  Two pork patties, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, and of course, "special" sauce:


The boudin was good, but nowhere as memorable as Le Pig Mac.  Not only is Le Pig Mac incredibly Instagrammable, it's also plain delicious.  Biting into it made me want to check the rest of the menu.  I was seriously tempted to go back to the counter and order another sandwich or two.

It was only the knowledge of our imminent dinner reservations at Cochon around the corner that forestalled me.

I'm not as young as I used to be, yo.  I have to be careful in allocating stomach space these days.


Cochon Butcher
930 Tchoupitoulas St B
New Orleans, LA 70130
(504) 588-7675
https://cochonbutcher.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!