Chicago: Yellow Rose Cafe

Saturday morning, CK brought us to one of her favorite breakfast spots, the Yellow Rose Cafe:


The Yellow Rose Cafe is about as old school as it can get:


Everyone there seems to be a regular.  Nobody is in a rush.  It's all about sitting down to a nice, hearty breakfast.

The three of us got immediate seating at the bar.  After we placed our orders, our server came by with some complimentary watermelon:


That's really all it takes to win me over.  I love watermelon.  Especially free watermelon.

CK got the special of the day, waffle with fresh strawberries with a side of bacon and a cup of coffee ($8.45):


I got the corned beef hash, which came with hash browns, and two eggs ($9.49):


As well as toast with butter and jelly:


My sister wanted the biscuits and gravy combo ($8.99):


It came with two eggs, two pieces of bacon, and two sausages.

I love diners, especially ones with old fashioned charm like Yellow Rose Cafe.  There's just something comforting about the lack of frills and fluff.  I don't need fancy menus with fancy ingredients.  I'm a basic eggs, potatoes, and meat kind of girl.

While it might not be a foodie destination, if you want a solid diner breakfast, Yellow Rose Cafe is where to go.


Yellow Rose Cafe
5640 N Elston Ave
Chicago, IL 60646
(773) 631-2297

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!