Greece: Bougatsadiko

What I struggle with most when I travel is trying to find something to do in-between meals.  Anybody else have that problem?  No?  Alright, just me then.

When I can't think of what to do, I turn to what I know...which is more food.  So after lunch and a failed attempt to kill an entire afternoon at the Ancient Agora, I took my family to Bougatsadiko:


Most people sat outside, but the interior was much more interesting to me.  Metal gates hung as wall decor and chandeliers dripped from the ceilings.  Meanwhile the dim lighting gave the shop a very cozy, old-world feel.  Our table had a front row seat to the "kitchen" where the flaky pastries were made right in front of our eyes:


We had about two hours until a socially acceptable time for dinner, so we ordered drinks and took our sweet time sipping them.  My sister wanted the frappe (2.40€):


My parents both wanted Americanos (2.40€):


I don't usually order drinks, but in the interest of making sure we had an excuse to sit in the shop for a long time, I got a cold chocolate (3.70€):


I wasn't sure what that meant when I ordered it, but it's exactly as one would expect it.  Hot chocolate except blended with ice.

And of course, we had to order a bougatsa.  It would be a crime to go to Bougatsadiko and not get a bougatsa.  Still suffering from a bit of FOMO after our stop at Krino's, we jumped at the chance to order a bougatsa with hazelnut praline (3.50€):


Think flaky pastry filled with custard and smothered in Nutella.  It's sticky and sweet and utter magic. 

It also made me want a glass of milk.


Bougatsadiko
1 Platia Iroon, Athens 105 54, Greece
+30 21 0322 2088
https://www.facebook.com/mpougatsadikothessaloniki/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!