Chicago: Fruitmania

When I found out that the annual New Americans Campaign conference was going to be in Chicago at the end of April, I jumped at the chance to see my old Chitown buddies again.  I flew into Chicago Wednesday night and CK was kind enough to pick me up at the airport. 

My flight was scheduled to land at 7:30pm and anticipating some delays, CK made dinner reservations for us at 9:00pm.  Little did she know that my plane would arrive early and that I would zip through the airport with only my backpack on my back. 

To kill time before our reservations, we had a pre-dinner snack.  Classic CK move.  She introduced me to Fruitmania, which is super close to her house:


We squeezed in just before they closed at 8:00pm.  The place was tiny and basically consisted of a counter and some stools:


CK wanted me to try the bionico ($6.50), which we ate while sitting in the car:


The tray of mango, honeydew, cantaloupe, and strawberries came topped with granola, honey, and condensed milk. 

I liked it...because, well, what's not to like?  It's condensed milk on fruit.  CONDENSED MILK.  But would I spend money on this?  Nah.  We all know that cantaloupe and honeydew are just filler fruit.  I can easily make this at home with better stuff. 

CK says I'm spoiled by living in California where fruit is abundant.

...Perhaps. 


Fruitmania
5035 W Montrose Ave
Chicago, IL 60641
(773) 738-9335

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!