Japan: Dotonbori Konamon Museum

The other must-eat in Osaka is without question takoyaki.  There's many places you can get these octopus balls, but how can you not be drawn to this giant beast?:


Though there was a line, there wasn't nearly enough wait time for my digestive system to make even the slightest dent on the okonomiyaki we had just minutes before.

I tried to distract myself from thinking about forcing more into my stomach, but it was hard to think of anything else when they were making the takoyaki right in front of my eyes:


Before I could say "This is not a good idea!", they were in our hands:


The takoyaki at Konamon Museum come in a box of eight (650 yen or $6.50) or a box of twelve (900 yen or $9).  I was hoping for just two.

I was so stuffed that I really couldn't enjoy the takoyaki.  I even wussed out and made CK eat more than half of the box.

After we got back to our Airbnb, I began to get a splitting headache.  It was so bad that I asked CK for medication, which I usually never take for headaches.  I tried going to sleep, but it just wouldn't go away.  I ended up getting sick in the middle of the night.

Needless to say, it's going to be a looooong time before I can stomach any takoyaki or okonomiyaki sauce.


道頓堀コナモンミュージアム
大阪府中央区道頓堀1-6-12
+81 6 6214 6678
http://www.shirohato.com/konamon-m/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!