Taiwan: Bee Cheng Hiang

We started our last full day in Taiwan with a unexpectedly grueling hike up Elephant Mountain.  I say unexpectedly, but I really should have expected it.  I mean, come on.  If I had actually thought about it for a moment, I would have realized that climbing stairs in humidity is a bad, bad, bad idea.

Ugh.  I'm an idiot.

Thank goodness my parents decided not to join us.  I'm not sure if they would have made it.

After almost killing ourselves on the hike, we decided to treat ourselves.  First, we got shaved grass jelly ice at Meet Fresh.  We each got our own bowl because, yo, no way in hell were we sharing.  (It makes me sad that there's so few Meet Fresh stores left in Taipei.  Oh well, all the more reason to be excited about the one opening in Cupertino!)  Evidently CK didn't think one bowl was enough because she went and ordered a bowl of tofu dessert as a chaser.

Next, we randomly stepped into a Bee Cheng Hiang for some Chinese-style jerky:


We shamelessly asked for taste tests before finally walking out with a bag of bacon jerky:


So smoky and bacony and yet...sweet.  By far my favorite.

We also got the classic pork jerky:


The different kinds of dried meat come in sheets.  You let them know how much you want and then they cut the sheets for you.

Bee Cheng Hiang is a Singaporean brand, but they have stores pretty much all across Asia.  You can't bring meat products into the States, so if you see one, eat your fill while you're there.


美珍香
台北市忠孝東路4段12號
(02)2731-5676
http://www.beechenghiang.com.sg/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!