SF Peninsula: New England Lobster Market & Eatery

From Pacifica, we headed directly to New England Lobster Market & Eatery:


We used the time driving there and looking for parking to digest all the barbecue we ingested just half an hour earlier.

Built kind of like a warehouse, you place your order at the counter then wait for your order at one of the picnic tables:


While you're waiting, you can watch a live feed of...lobsters in their cages?  None escaped while we were there, so we didn't get to see anything exciting.  Too bad.

I'm not usually one to get drinks at restaurants (I blame that on my cheap Chinese upbringing), but I make an exception once in a while when I see something on a menu that sounds really interesting.  Like blueberry lemonade ($3):


Of course it came in a mason jar.  Why am I not surprised?  What did surprise me was the fact that I didn't really like it.  It tasted a little salted plum-y to me.  Meh.

My friends and I aren't as young as we used to be.  Having two lunches back to back gets harder and harder the older we are.  In deference to our diminished capcity for gluttony, the four of us split just a soup and a lobster roll.

The lobster corn chowder ($10 for a bowl) came with a thick slice of grilled bread:


At New England Lobster Market & Eatery, you can get your lobster roll dressed (with mayo) or naked.  Or if you're feeling fancy, you can go for the "seasonal" ($22.50), which comes topped with avocado and bacon:


All lobster rolls come with coleslaw and chips.

The bread is thick and soft and buttery, which is lovely.  But that doesn't quite excuse the sad amount of lobster in the roll:


Between the lobster roll and the chowder, we unanimously agreed that the chowder was better.  The roll was good, but nothing to get excited about.  Especially if it costs over 20 bucks for a sandwich.  The chowder on the other hand, was thick and corn-y and delicious.  I would definitely go back just for that.


New England Lobster Market & Eatery
824 Cowan Rd
Burlingame, CA 94080
(650) 443-1559
http://www.newenglandlobster.net/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!