Seattle: Serious Pie & Biscuit

My family was very obliging and let me pick all the places to eat at in Seattle.  For breakfast our second morning there, we went to Serious Pie & Biscuit, another Tom Douglas restaurant:


We lucked out and found a parking spot just down the block.

Serious Pie & Biscuit is known for two things: pizza and biscuit.  Both are offered in the restaurant, just at different times.  Biscuits are available in the AM and early afternoon hours, while pizza starts at 11:00pm and goes til closing.  We were there early for the biscuits.

My first impression of Serious Pie & Biscuit was that I could easily imagine it in Chicago.  It just had that laid back, communal, hipster feel.

We lucked out in that we got to sit in the upper level:


The reason being this view:


I love having a view of the kitchen.  It feels like getting a sneak peek behind the scenes and I'm all about that behind the scene stuff.

We ordered four biscuits.  We got the daily special, which included some kind of fish hash:


I honestly don't remember anymore.  I just remember that after all four of us had a turn at the dish, my sister exclaimed that she never got any fish.  Heh.  I just rhymed.

We also got the ham, egg, cheddar, and apple mustard biscuit sandwich ($10) because my mother is a ham fanatic:


Slightly sweet, the mustard was the best part of the sandwich.

The fried chicken with tabasco black pepper gravy ($10) is apparently Serious Pie & Biscuit's most popular biscuit sandwich:


We could have chosen to add bacon and a fried egg for an additional $3, but we didn't really feel like it.

Besides biscuit sandwiches, Serious Pie & Biscuit also offers wood-fired skillet baked eggs.  We got the local cascade mushrooms with roasted garlic and pesto ($10):


Hands down, the best thing we had that morning.  The biscuits were a bit on the dry side, so having the baked eggs to dip them in was a blessing.

Second favorite?  You can probably guess it.  The fried chicken with gravy.  Same reasoning apply.

Friendly staff, relaxing atmosphere, affordable prices, awesome view of the kitchen...we quite enjoyed our time at Serious Pie & Biscuit.  The food was good, though not exactly mind-blowing.

My father's one complaint was the poor ventilation inside.  I wasn't bothered by it, but my father has always been ultra sensitive to air flow.  The rest of us just kind of roll our eyes and let him lecture on...and on about the importance of ventilation.


Serious Pie & Biscuit
401 Westlake Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109
(206) 436-0050
http://www.seriouspieseattle.com/westlake

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!