Tri-City: Zam Zam

Last month, my coworker and I did some outreach for my org's Citizenship Day event in Fremont.  We stopped by a mosque and then Zam Zam, an Afghan grocery store:


Okay, so we had an ulterior motive when we chose Zam Zam (which means holy water in Farsi).  Zam Zam is grocery store plus restaurant:


According to my coworker, the food section of Zam Zam is great for buying party trays.

Instead of waiting at the counter like I thought she would, my coworker walked straight up to the window and started chattering away in Farsi with the lady in the kitchen.

My coworker is Afghan, so I knew I was in good hands.

And I was right.  My coworker's got my back.  As you can see with this awesome bolani:


Now, I don't know if I've made this clear enough in previous posts.  I.  Love.  Bolani.  Like, yea.  A lot.  The two of us were supposed to share, but I think I ate most it.  Something about the smell, the yogurt, and the potato filling just tickles all my yummy senses.

My coworker wanted to introduce me to shirpera, an Afghan dessert:


Shirpera is a sweet milk fudge flavored with almonds, pistachio, cardamom, and rose water.  Super sweet, super fragrant.  We brought the leftovers back to the office and it all disappeared in a not-so-surprisingly quick period of time.  (My office is notorious for loving sweets.)

Love Zam Zam.  I think it's a bit intimidating to walk in by myself, but for that bolani, I would suck it up and do it.  Wait for me, bolani.  Wait for me.

In other news, there's less than one month before my trip to Europe.  Think I can do this?  Can I catch up before I leave?

We shall see.


Zam Zam
40645 Fremont Blvd
Fremont, CA 94538
(510) 226-1777

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!