Napa: Model Bakery

In pre-celebration of T's birthday, a bunch of us took a day trip to Napa.  The original plan was to proceed in this order: food, wine, food, wine, food, wine.

Instead, here's what we did: food, food, food, wine, wine, wine.  It's pretty clear what our priorities are.

After a quick stop at the Napa information center, we started off our Napa adventure at Model Bakery: 


So much bread and other baked goods to choose from:


Model Bakery is famous for its English muffins:


Now, I've never been a fan of English muffins, but I figured I had to give these a chance.

Thank God I did.  Model Bakery has completely altered my outlook on English muffins.  T and I split a breakfast sandwich:


It came with hash browns, avocado, fried egg, tomato, ketchup, mayo, and provolone cheese.  We elected to add bacon for an additional $1:


I really don't know how to describe Model Bakery's English muffin besides by saying that I've never had one like that before.  Lame, I know.  But I'm trying to be honest here!  It was toasty and soft and just crazy good.

We also tried a blueberry and cheese pastry, but it was nowhere as revelationary as the English muffin:


It certainly looked pretty though:


I never thought I would ever like English muffins, but thanks to Model Bakery, I'm a changed woman.

You win, Model Bakery.  You win.


Model Bakery
644 1st St, Bldg B
Napa, CA 94559
(707) 259-1128
http://themodelbakery.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!