San Francisco: Cha Cha Cha

TT and I left poor AF waiting on a Friday night because TT's car, fondly dubbed "Janky" by moi, wouldn't start.  Thank goodness Janky let us know it wasn't feeling well while we were still in TT's garage.  I wouldn't even know what to do if Janky had given out on us on the road.  

Two buses and a brisk walk later, we got to Cha Cha Cha:


The place was crammed full of people even at such a late hour:


Since she didn't have to drive, TT insisted on getting a pitcher of sangria:


Alcohol isn't really my thing (greatest understatement of the century), but I do love chips and salsa.  Especially when it's complimentary:


I also love LOVE love bread:


And free bread trumps all.  Doubly so when paired with butter.

We started with the ceviche:


Tiny scallops, shrimp, and calamari soaked in spicy lime-serrano chili vinaigrette.  It was pretty good, but I still prefer ceviche made with fish.

The fried new potatoes with chila pasilla aioli was a definite homerun for me:


As was the cajun shrimp:


Forget the shrimp, it's all about the spicy cream sauce.  We kept asking for bread refills because we couldn't stop sopping up the crack sauce.

The whole reason why we went to Cha Cha Cha was because TT had a craving for paella:


Cha Cha Cha's seafood paella comes with mussels, mixed fish, shrimp, calamari, chicken, andouille sausage, and bay scallops.  Not the best paella I've ever had, but pretty darn good.

All in all, a great night.  Long wait, cramped dining (I think I could have elbowed the woman at the table next to us if I really wanted to give her a surprise), but good food and friendly service.  I probably wouldn't go back any time soon, but I wouldn't mind taking some cajun shrimp and fried new potatoes to go.


Cha Cha Cha
1801 Haight St
San Francisco, CA 94117
(415) 386-7670

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!