Oakland: Quick Bite

My favorite place to go for lunch when I feel like treating myself after a hard morning of work is Quick Bite.  It's a tiny hole in the wall, so if you blink, you might walk past it:


Besides a counter and a handful of tables, there's really not much inside:


Check out the menu posted on the wall and make your selection.  Make sure you have cash though, if you pay with credit there's a transaction fee.

My go-to at Quick Bite is the popcorn chicken:


The chicken is...actual chicken (surprise, surprise) and the pieces are decently sized.  You get to choose one side.  The seasoned fries are always a good choice.

I've also tried the Fast Eddie fish sandwich:


Went with the macaroni salad that time.  It was good, but a bit too heavy on the mayo for even me.

The fish sandwich wasn't anything crazy, but it sure was tasty:


Quick Bite hasn't seen the last of me yet, that's for sure.  I still have to try the fried okra, fried zucchini, and potato salad.  So many sides, so little time...


Quick Bite
1511 Franklin St
Oakland, CA 94612
(510) 839-7925
http://www.quickbiteoakland.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!