Thailand: Outside the Royal Palace

AG's uncle's friend's wife (if you think that's a mouthful, wait until I get to my Cambodia posts) was kind enough to take us around for a day.  After a super hot morning of touring the Royal Palace, we stopped at this little restaurant for some drinks on our way back to the car:


We each got a fresh coconut:


Pearly white coconut flesh inside:


AG and CK seemed to enjoy their coconuts.  I, on the other hand, got a weird one.  My coconut tasted kinda sour.  Boo.

When she saw that I barely touched my coconut, AG's uncle's friend's wife insisted on ordering me another drink.  The longan juice she got me was definitely an improvement from that sour coconut:


Not overly sweet and incredibly refreshing, perfect for a hot day in Bangkok.  I especially loved the pieces of longan fruit floating on the ice.

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!