South Bay: Colosseum New York Pizza

When CK's husband AG finally moved to California to join her in July, he was all fired up to explore all the good food in the Bay.  He was so fired up that he was willing to drive up to the city for no reason other than to grab dinner with Abby.

Back in the day, when I was still a student, I was all for taking a bus 1.5 hours to wait in line another hour for some grub.  Now that I'm older and far more curmudgeonly, even driving 20 minutes to a restaurant requires a lot of motivation.

Driving an hour to the city?  Forget it.

CK and I hemmed and hawed over whether we wanted to support AG in this little outing all throughout lunch at Colosseum New York Pizza:


The place was pretty empty for a Saturday afternoon:


You can order pizzas by the pie or by the slice.  We all wanted different toppings, so instead of sharing one pie, we each got our own slice.

AG got the basic pepperoni:


I was most curious about the Long Island, which consisted of chicken, pesto, garlic, and mushrooms:


CK, on the other hand, went with the classic Colosseum or pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, and onions:


Each slice cost around $3.  Not bad at all for crispy crust and generous toppings.  Service was friendly, yet efficient and the pizza came out piping hot.  

Located in an Asian grocery store plaza, Colosseum is very much a chill local joint.  I grew up in this area and I've driven by Colosseum a gazillion times, but I never entered its doors until its name came up in AG's Yelp search.  I can't believe I'm being schooled about my own neighborhood by the new kids on the block.

Still, better late than never, right?  I would definitely go back if I needed a quick bite to eat.  Next time, I'm trying the garlic knots and the stromboli.

CK and I ultimately did cave and went up with AG to San Francisco.  We picked Abby up from her place and then headed straight to My Canh for some crab noodle soup and beef carpaccio.  Even though we left stuffed, we couldn't end the night there.  To make the most of our trip to the city, we followed dinner with dessert at Marco Polo.

All in all, a good day.


Colosseum New York Pizza
761 E Capitol Ave
Milpitas, CA 95035
(408) 262-8633
http://www.colosseumpizza.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!